These are some steps that can help you make a start:
- Talk to sympathetic friends and family about your desire to forgive. Chatting with others is tremendously comforting.
- Write a letter to the person you’d like to forgive. You can decide whether or not you send it.This could also be a letter to yourself.
- See the situation from the other person’s perspective—your own perspective may change.
- Don’t forget to forgive yourself - sometimes we can be harshest with ourselves.
- Understand that you are responsible for your own attitude. Don’t let holding a grudge keep you from feeling free, open, and powerful in your own life.
Forgive and watch how much easier your relationship with eating becomes.